My name Raimon Guarro i Nogués and I’m a visual artist. Since many years ago I’m on the education area, too, and I teach the same tools and methods that I use in my professional activity. Creating visual content for mapping shows is one of the things that I do.
If you want to know a bit more about me, you can also check my main website, http://www.imatgedart.com/ or go ahead to my CV. There you can find out more about several areas I like to work on, not explicitly related to mapping. Although in the end everything I do can be explained by the fact of being a visual artist. On the http://blenderpro.cat site I publish about what I do related to Blender, an awesome 3D creation suite. I’m using it since 2004, and I’m Blender Foundation Certified Trainer since some years ago.
Related to mapping, those are my key points:
- I’m since 2011 member of Associació Cultural Telenoika, where I was lucky to get in touch with the practices and knowledge settled by people who was pioneer on creating mapping shows and spreading around this technique.
- Since a year or so I’m myself widening my offer and from time to time I give mapping workshops.
- I was finalist on the Festival Internacional de Màpping de Girona 2015 edition, with the work Skyscraper & the mountain peak.
- I also took part in the VSL TNT and FADE festivals with the Màpping de veritat (which means something like True mapping) installation.
- I also took part during july 2016 in the artistic residencies program of Medialab-Prado in Madrid. For three weeks I was learning and investigating about the usage of Puredata in small scale mapping installations.